Does Your Credit Report Have Errors?

What should you do if you learn that your credit report has errors? You can either contact us about how to proceed or send a dispute to the consumer reporting agency (CRA) on your own. There are several ways to initiate the dispute process with the CRAs, including using the dispute form which you may have received when you ordered your credit report; using the CRAs online dispute form; sending a dispute letter by mail (certified mail is recommended but not required); or by telephone. Whichever method you choose, you should remember to keep an accurate record of your dispute, including a copy of your dispute form or letter. If you use the online dispute form, you should take a screen shot of your dispute before sending it. If you send your dispute by mail or prefer to make your dispute by phone you can use the following contact information:

Trans Union
Consumer Disclosure Center
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000
Phone: (800) 916-8800

Complaint Department
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
Phone: (888) 873-5420

701 Experian Parkway
Allen, TX 75013
Phone: (800) 583-4080 

Once your dispute is initiated, the CRAs have 30 days to complete their investigation and send you the results. If the investigation does not resolve the mistakes on your credit report, contact us for a free case review and private complimentary consultation.